Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Composition with Congee

You hear it being repeated over and over again - food photography is not just about cooking up a nice meal and taking a photo. Its about styling, composition, props, lighting, colours, textures. Its about the overall appearance of the subject, which makes it jump out and makes the viewer want to eat it.


When Im not busy working my my photography course assignments, i'm busy reading articles and forums on food photography tips, and I learn a lot about composition from professional food photographers.


This week, I made myself egg congee for lunch - a light chinese meal consisting of congee (rice), egg, spring onion, ground white pepper and fish sauce...



I find the Digital Photography School's forums and articles so helpful and interesting. Here's a good article with some camera angle tips for food photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment