Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Appetizer over powers main

Laura Vitale does it again! This week I tried another of her bruschetta recipes for a Monday night appetizer. She never ceases to disappoint. I must say though, the main dish, Spinach Mac and Cheese, I prepared from a recipe out of a magazine, to accompany this appetizer was such a disappointment, I wont even bother providing it as it was so bland.




The Mac and Cheese was a lot of effort for what it was worth. Of course, I captured a few shots anyway..




Bruschetta is such a great Italian appetizer that consists of grilled bread rubbed with garlic and extra virgin olive oil... with a variation of toppings. Laura has a Asparagus and Prosciutto Bruschetta which is really delicious! I highly recommend trying this recipe!




I made a slight mistake with the recipe with the order of the basil and cheese, but I think my mistake ended up working nicely for the photo :) I find that I get a little bit impatient as Im trying to get that perfect shot. Impatient about the food going cold mainly. Im starting to learn that its a good idea to set up your frame first, and to get your camera settings right before styling up your food. After all, with food photography, its important to be quick so your food stays looking fresh!










No comments:

Post a Comment