Thursday, March 3, 2011

Big steak salad!

Here's a great combination of greens and reds. The Big Steak Salad by The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond. 


Her marinade for the steak consists of garlic, ginger, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, chilli oil, salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar and lime juice. She suggests using a 'Mason' jar in her recipe to shake it all up- coincidently I had one lying around the kitchen.


Home made candied pecans.... yum! They were too sweet for my husband's liking, but I love them. At first, I thought I made some kind of huge mistake with this shot as I thought it looked a bit noisy. But no, thats the sugar  in the 'candy' mixture... 


Home made onion rings....

One thing i've realised in my work is that most of my shots involve at least one or two props, or some type of backdrop or background to the image. Im starting to shoot a little more 'commercial' these days to ensure I maintain that breadth in style with my photos. For example white on white. I think this is a good thing to do, especially when presenting a portfolio to a potential client. 


Ree Drummond uses blue cheese in her recipe. Im not usually a fan of blue cheese. I cringe whenever I smell it on my husband's breath (he is in love with that mouldy stuff). I must admit that blue cheese is great on pizzas and sometimes pastas, but I wasn't so sure about adding it to a salad so I substituted it for Parmigiano-Reggiano.  

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life

    Used Kitchen Equipment

    ReplyDelete