Thursday, May 26, 2011

Deloitte's 'IM & AT' learns to cook

A few weeks ago, my husband was to attend a work related social event, and I was invited to come in and photograph it for the evening. It was Deloitte's 'IM & AT' (Information Management & Analytics) department's cooking class, which was held at the Loblaws Cooking School. A social gathering revolving around food and cooking? Im there!




This was my chance to get involved as a working photographer, to step out of my 'bubble' and to practise getting in people's faces - something i'm usually not comfortable with.


The cooking class was hosted by Chef Brenda Kwong-Hing, founder of 'Delicious!' Catering, who gained her professional training from Le Cordon Bleu in Paris, specializing in French cuisine. 



In this class, Brenda demonstrated food preparation from different parts of the world. From Indian to Chinese, Vietnamese to Mexican.

      
It was definitely a lot of fun capturing these kitchen moments. I grew hungrier and hungrier as the evening progressed and was encouraged to "eat something!", and as much as I wanted to, I also wanted to avoid losing out on those photo opportunities. I suppose I was trying to treat the situation like a paying job...


This would further prepare me for my upcoming photo shoot at the Salut Food & Wine Festival's Grand Finale dinner (watch this space for a post on Visa Infinite's dinner with celebrity chef, Rob Feenie).

No comments:

Post a Comment