Monday, April 25, 2011

"Lest we forget"

Today is the 25th of April and although we are not home in New Zealand this year, it does not mean we have forgotten about ANZAC Day.


Of course, I decided to bake ANZAC biscuits - popular in New Zealand and Australia, this sweet biscuit is made of rolled oats, desiccated coconut, golden syrup, sugar, and butter. 


I admit that sometimes I get carried away and bake a little too much in one go. This time was no different. In fact, this time was worse. Not only did I bake ANZAC biscuits last Thursday, but I also baked Chocolate Chip Cookies. We had planned a long weekend to Niagara for the Easter holidays, and I thought it was a good idea to bake some cookies for our road trip. Again, I underestimated the portion of ingredients, and we still have over half the batch left. I also went cookie crazy last week so that I could get in some practise shots for a potential client cookie photo shoot coming up. 



Here is a simple ANZAC Biscuit recipe.
Stand by for my next blog post- Chocolate Chip cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment