Monday, February 7, 2011

For the sake of plums

The year is definately flying by. Its already February, and that means a new challenge for the 12-month 'Foodography Challenge'. This month's challenge = plums! 


I was a little worried when the challenge was announced as I wasnt sure if it would be possible to get plums from the grocery stores here in Toronto during this time of the year. Lucky for me, I was wrong! 


I wanted to photography more than just raw plums, so decided to try out Aran Goyoaga's Plum, Oat and Rosemary Crisp recipe.



This time, I made it a point to start baking in the early morning so that I could catch the natural light at its peak when it hit mid-day. I also wanted to stick with our Canon EF 50mm f/ 1.8 II prime lens this time, as prime lenses are known for their ability to produce high quality, clean and crisp shots - I wanted to find out how much of this held true.

No comments:

Post a Comment